Every year, #JunkMail destroys 100 million trees, creates more greenhouse gas than 9 million cars, and clogs our mailboxes. Learn how to lighten your junk mail load with these simple steps.
Are you constantly getting unwanted flyers, catalogs, phone books, or credit card offers? Junk mail can be a nuisance. In addition to clogging up your mail box, it is also wasteful. Can junk mail be recycled? In most cases, yes! But an even better approach is to stop it from coming to you in the first place. That reduces the time you’ll spend sorting your mail, AND the amount of waste in the trash/recycling stream.
Wanna get started? Here are some easy steps you can take right now:
- Remove your name from mailing lists or to set your mail preferences visit: https://dmachoice.thedma.org/static/about_dma.php
- Stop credit card solicitations:
- Call – 1-88-567-8688 or visit - https://www.optoutprescreen.com/
- Stop unwanted phone books and catalogs:
- Visit - http://www.dexpages.com/ to no longer receive your local yellow and white pages
- If you receive an unwanted catalog, give them a call and ask them to take you off their list.